New Audi A8 blessed with B&O Advanced Sound System
Bang & Olufsen and Audi presented the new generation of the highly acclaimed Advanced Sound System which was first launched in the Audi A8 of 2005. In the new Audi A8, the Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System surpasses previous achievements with superior sound performance, more power and a new design language to complement and enhance the exclusive interior of the car.
In 2008, it was announced that Audi and Bang & Olufsen would continue to build on their co-operation success through the development of a new generation Advanced Sound Systems for a broad range of new Audi models. At the ‘Design Miami‘ trade show (1 - 5 December 2009), the new Audi A8 was presented with the first member of this new generation in automotive sound from Bang & Olufsen.
19 full active speakers, comprising:
- 7 x 100 mm midranges (closed cabinet, fiber glass cone, ABS basket)
- 5 x 25 mm soft dome tweeters
- 4 x 165 mm woofers (closed cabinet, air dried paper cone, cast aluminum basket)
- 2 x 19 mm soft dome tweeters in motorized acoustic lenses
- 1 x 200 mm subwoofer (closed cabinet, air dried paper cone, cast aluminum basket)
> 1,348 W with just 1% distortion level
DSP (Digital Signal Processing) amplifier
True-Image™: Proprietary Bang & Olufsen up-mix algorithm for stereo and 5.1 multi-channel material
Volume levelling depending on noise, speed & climate control setting
4 sound settings: front, rear, all speakers & Movie
Ability of Stop/Start functionality